True wellness is more than just the absence of disease. Dr. Rader is currently completing a fellowship in metabolic and nutritional anti-aging medicine through the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M). Anti-aging medicine emcompasses health promotion and managment of disease with metabolic, functional and nutritional approaches grounded in innovative cutting edge scientific research and discoveries.
Anti-aging medicine is "new" medicine, tailored and customized to treat your unique needs. Every person in different, and a one size fits all approach to preventing or treating disease does not deliver results. Your treatment is comprehensive and individualized to maintain optimal quality of life as you age.
What Types of Conditions do we Treat?
Hormone replacement therapy and treatment of other endocrine disorders
- Hormonal imbalances and deficiencies that manifest in men and women with aging. Look at the body's hormonal system and its relationship to other endocrine disorders such as diabetes and obesity. We test your hormone levels and replete deficiencies with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.
- Cardiovascular Health: A healthy cardiovascular system is dependent on a balanced network of hormones, healthy adrenal glands and stress control, decreased inflammation, blood sugar control, nutritional factors and genetic predisposition detected by advanced risk factor lab testing. In addition to traditional medications,or in place of them, we utilize metabolic functional and nutritional approaches to manage disease.
- Gastroeneterology Problems: One of the most cokmon complaoints when people visit the doctor. The importance of a healthy gut cannot be over -emphasized. What influences gut health? Many things: Diet, medications, stress, infections, hormonal imbalances, environmental toxins, food insensitivities or allergies, inflammantion and more. We can now test for malabsorption, intestinal permeability, your level of micro and macronutrients, your unique composition of gut flora with advanced labs. Restoring your GI health results in a healther brain, prevents chronic disease, obesity, insulin resistance and diabetes as well as the health of your skin.
- Your exposure to toxic metals, dysregulation of your neurotransmitter system, amino acid and fatty acid imbalances, methylation dysfunction, skin vitality, sleep disorders, and weight gain can all be evaluated through comprehensive history and physical with the doctor combined with lab testing that Dr. Rader has been trained to analyze and interpret in order to pinpoint the problem and develop treatment program for you.
- Weight gain: Multiple variables contribute to unwanted weight gain and or the ability to lose weight. We look at all of the possible reasons and uncover the metabolic issue at hand. We help our patients achieve healthy weight loss that they can maintain by developing meal plans and exercise programs that fit their lifestyle, in some cases adding weight loss pharmacologic therapy. We also offer the hCG diet to motivated patients.