Welcome to Access Family Physicians!
I am Dr. Sarah Lynley Rader, the proud owner and founder of this unique medical practice. Access Family Physicians, or AFP, is the product of a concept I developed during my medical training as a family medicine resident. After taking months to cultivate, sharpen and refine my original idea, AFP today is the family medical practice I envisioned. At AFP I place you, the patient, above all else. As a result, my mission is to provide a medical experience unlike any other. I designed Access Family Physicians for you.
I am a native Hoosier and grew up in Greenwood. I was exposed to medicine at an early age, as the daughter of a surgeon and a physical therapist. I observed firsthand the satisfactions and sacrifices of a medical career. After graduating from Cathedral High School, I earned a degree in political science at Indiana University. Although I enjoyed the liberal arts, I also have a love for science and chose a career in medicine. I earned my medical degree from Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences.
An internship in family medicine at the University of Colorado in Denver preceded my family medicine residency at Community Westview Hospital in Indianapolis.
As a family medicine physician, I provide comprehensive care for patients of all ages.
I am Board Certified in family medicine and osteopathic manipulative treatment (OMT). As such, I treat both acute and chronic medical problems and perform many office based procedures. Comprehensive care also includes routine preventive screening, immunizations and healthy lifestyle education.
I believe every patient deserves a treatment plan tailored to his or her unique needs.
As I was formulating AFP, I wanted to provide more than just the traditional family medicine experience. For my patients to obtain their optimal state of wellbeing I realized I needed to expand my services. I am among a growing number of physicians to offer medical acupuncture, treatment of sleep related disorders, “anti-aging” medicine, hormone therapy, weight management and nutritional counseling, cosmetic procedures and stress management solutions.
It has been a tremendous journey since I first conceptualized the idea of AFP. I am proud to see my vision become a reality. Please browse our website for more information. Our staff will be happy to answer any questions and help you schedule an appointment.
I look forward to meeting you!
- Indiana University, B.A.
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, D.O.
- University of Colorado, family medicine intern
- Community Westview Hospital, resident
- Board Certified in Family Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- American Medical Association
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- Indiana Academy of Family Physicians
- Indiana Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Osteopathy
- Indiana State Medical Association
- American Association of Physicians and Surgeons
- American Academy of Private Physicians
- Direct Primary Care Coalition
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine